Pieces Of | Leuven

January had been sort of a in-between 2015 and 2016 month for me. I feel like my new year officially started in February. Mostly because I have more plans for February than I had for January. I explored Leuven a week ago with a tour group and some friends.


Leuven in close to Brussels and is known to be a university city. First impressions started at the train station (obviously) which wasn't as old as I would have expected, but it was due to renovations. We walked down the first street towards one of the university libraries. It was as beautiful from the inside as it was from the outside. If I was a student in Leuven I would probably try to sleep in the library. It was so peaceful and historic and I just wanted to grab a book and sit and read. Across from the library was a strange art piece of an insect on an enormous needle, which was disturbing and beautiful in a strange way.












The rest was buildings of all shapes and sizes. After the tour was done some friends and I decided to go see a castle. It was quite a walk, but the scenery was pleasant and we saw more of Leuven. The castle was worth the walk, even though it didn't resemble most castle features. The surrounding area was mostly nature, with paths between trees.

Afterwards we went back to the city centre for some drinks at the Capital, a bar which has more than 2000 beers to choose from. The menu was basically a bible of beer with pictures to make the decision slightly easier. My friend ended up taking banana beer and I ended up taking coconut beer which was served with coconut shells to drink out of. The beer actually tasted like coconut and banana and it was delicious. Really worth the visit if you want to take longer than an hour to decide what beer to order.


Leaven was really great and I’d love to go back to see some more one day. Because it is a student town there are a lot of different varieties of shops and places to eat with affordable prices. 
























Felicia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment