#1 | Prague | Czech Republic

I fell in love with Prague back in December 2013 when I read the book Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. Her vivid descriptions of Prague mixed with fantasy and mystery had me obsessed with Prague instantly. I've wanted to visit ever since and finally made my way to the Czech Republic for a week of exploring and inspiration. On Sunday afternoon I flew across patches of green and yellow fields until we landed in the Czech Republic. I made my way to Prague by bus and then metro. I was delighted how green and inviting everything looked.

On my first full day, which was Monday, I went on a 3 hour walking tour which consisted of walking to interesting attractions and hearing about Prague’s history. I was glad I did this first because it helped me understand Prague a bit more and appreciate it.  The history was also very interesting and the guide was funny which made the tour even more entertaining.

We started with Old Town Square which is the most visited place in Prague. The square has some extraordinary buildings, churches and the astronomical clock. Don’t even get me started on the astronomical clock. It is really something else, especially when it moved. On every hour the skeleton would ring a bell, the small doors would open and figurines would pass by, then the other small men would shake their heads, saying no to death. The show would end with the rooster and then everything stopped untill the next hour. Apparently it is very disappointing "show", but to me it was spectacular.

Our tour also consisted of also walking to the Jewish Quarter where we heard about the Gollum, which was a very interesting story. We visited a few other historical places and ten I set off by myself.

I of course went to the Charles Bridge a lot throughout my stay. You won’t get the real Prague experience if you don’t go to the bridge. It was like walking in another time, even though their where tourists most of the time and artists selling art. Early mornings and late nights were the calmest and it was so easy to just stay and get lost in the beautiful scenery. The entire castle in Prague can be seen from the bridge and at night it’s lit up - which is a must see. The other bridges are also visible as well as a small island and beautiful building.


  



  























Felica
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment