#6 | Prague at Night | Czech Republic

Prague is magical, but at night that magic can be glimpsed. Walking around at night exploring streets was one of the highlights of my trip. The city had a new presence at night, like its cloud had been removed to intensify the magic in the air. I know not everyone will or have experienced Prague as being magical, but to me it was a place beyond reality.



At night it was easy to come alive. The streets were packed with people trying to get their taste of the night. The night scene was quite popular and various pub crawl, boats parties and clubs were alive at night. Restaurants were open to late and the touristic sites were lit up. ii walked around until it was late and I was hungry. It was nice eating later n the evening, the restaurants were less crowded. On all these occasions I made sure the restaurants had soup. Firstly because I don’t eat meat and secondly because use their soup is simply delicious. Potato with wild mushroom soup in a bread bowl was my undoing. The soup was tasty and the bread bowl it came in was edible. It made me feel like I was transported back into the middle ages with was a bonus. I dined in different restaurants, one of them being a Freemason restaurant. After some research I found that it wasn’t a real Free Mason restaurant, the owners just liked that sort of décor and so did I. the restaurant had some strange art and décor which was as much pleasing to look at as it was mysterious.

A friend I had made at the hostel and I went out for some Czech beer and ended up at a bar, the battalion. It was so different from usual pubs I’ve been in. the décor was comics and the music was rock, it was such a great and thrilling atmosphere. I also happened to stumble upon a bar which I read about on a website. I had no intentions of going there but I am immensely glad I did. It turned out to be one f the most unforgettable memories in Prague. The bars name was Anonymous (as in V for Vendetta) and it was mysterious. At first I had a dark beer (which had a taste close to Marmite) and later on when someone joined me at the bar we and some cocktails. It was served to us by masked barmen and the cocktails themselves were extraordinary.

As for buildings, they were lit up as majestic. The length and size of the castle cloud be seen more clearly with the light and it was quite a site. The bridge itself was like walking in a different time and it felt unreal. Prague at night is magical and should be explored.





























Felicia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment