A New Adventure Abroad


I haven't been posting, mostly because there hasn't been much happening in my life which I wanted to share - until now. I have been planning to Au pair for another year, this time in Belgium. After various agencies, families and time I was almost ready to give up, but  I didn't. I found a new agency which has helped me tremendously with everything. I was becoming a bit worried about my profile not reaching anyone. Just after emailing about my worry I received an email from the agent -  I had a family interested in my profile. I read their profile, approved and Skyped the same night. The family was lovely and funny and just what I was looking for. 

We said our goodbyes and then the real worry began. If they didn't match with me, I would have to wait for another family and if they matched I would be leaving soon. We had decided to wait for two days, to think everything through, and so the waiting started. By the next day I was starting to think  of what I might have said wrong, but decided that I had been myself (my nervous self) and whatever happened would be for the best. I was done browsing the town the next day when my phone rang (which reminds me, I should really change my ringtone). The agent on the other side of the line gave me the best news: I was matched! I was causing a bit of a scene in the parking lot, but it was totally worth it.

I'm leaving in about a month, which means I'm about to have the most adventurous, busy and stressful month of my life. To make it more interesting, my 21st birthday is at the end of the month, before I take off. Then I will be living in Gent, Belgium for a year looking after two adorable boys. I'm still in shock, two days ago I had an open planner and now I'm booked for the next year.

I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences and journey ahead with you!

Felicia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment