Passion | Writers Life


Yesterday evening I started making notes for my WIP. I’ve already written my first draft, but some changes need to happen. So I made notes on everything from character changes to what colour the wallpaper should be. I finally managed to look at my manuscript with new eyes, and it helped A LOT.

A feeling of pure ecstasy washed over me while I made notes, I felt so involved and excited about my manuscript. I was always passionate about it before, but the passion has turned into love. With previous projects I invested my time and inspiration, but the love to see the project to the end, no matter what the sacrifice, was not there. With this one though, I can feel it. This story needs to be written, it needs to see the outside world and have other eyes than my own devoured it.

My only fear now is not getting the vivid story I have in my head into words on the page. I want my passion I to show on the page, for the characters to breathe and the story to live. Yes, I know I sound a bit obsessed and that sacrifices wil be necessary.

Through uni assignments and exams I will make sure to work piece by piece until the puzzle is complete. I know this will take time (and patience) but it will be worth it. So I have three goals for this project:

1. Be finished with notes/outlining by the end of April

2. Be finished with the new draft by end of July

3. Be finished with it completely by the end of the year


These goals are way more realistic that my previous ones. I realised that revisions take more time than I thought, so I’m giving myself enough time to create without tme stressing me out. If you are also busy with a project you are passionate about, don’t give up!

xoxo
Felicia 

No comments:

Post a Comment