Halloween | South Africa


31 October - One of the holidays which I wish I could celebrate properly is Halloween. In South Africa it’s not a big deal - at all. Shops might sell some candy and a few decorations, there would be parties in the bigger cities but that is it. No pumpkin carving, no trick or treating, no autumn leaves, no costume and no spookiness.

This year I spent my Halloween in South Africa and actually found a pumpkin in this forsaken town. It was an authentic orange Halloween pumpkin which I obsessed over. On Halloween I decided that it was time to carve it and so I did.  The process was messy and slightly difficult because I used kitchen tools, but I managed to carve a decent traditional design and was happy about how t can out, especially for my first pumpkin.

Not only did I manage to tick something off my bucket list but I made an ordinary day here into a special one. I’m hoping one day I’ll be able to have an authentic Halloween!






Felicia 
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment