Greenway | Vegan Meet Up | Antwerp

I’m happy to say that I finally attended a vegan meet up (basically a bunch of vegans get together and talk and eat). It was taking place in Antwerp so I made a day of if. I was the third person to arrive at the restaurant so I automatically took a seat next to the first two people. I was worrying that I should be seated with other people more my age, but I soon realised that I was sitting where I was meant to sit.


The restaurant, Greenway, was vegan friendly with beautiful interior. It is totally worth a visit, even if it is just for a juice or a vegan brownie. In the end I was seated with three grownups when I realised I was also a grownup. I might not be married, have any children or a stable occupation, but I was a grownup. That small fact seemed so simple that it made me at ease about talking and just being myself.

We received a welcoming starter of cauliflower soup. For the main we could choose between four dishes, I ended up taking a Mexican burger because I hadn’t had a proper burger in a long time.  Unfortunately I received only a burger and knew it was not going to fill me up so I also ordered some tortilla chips with guacamole – which went very well with the Mexican burger.

It was such a great feeling to be surrounded by like minded people. This was my second vegan event and my first meet up, so the positive vibes were new to me. I could finally talk to people about important subjects and could relate and communicate my thoughts without worrying if I was offending or upsetting someone.


I also finally got to meet Isabelle. When I was back in South Africa and decided to begin my vegan journey I was a bit worried about trying a vegan lifestyle in Belgium. I did some research and soon after found Isabelle’s YouTube channelwhere she talked about being a vegan in Belgium and overall. She not only made me see that it was more than possible, but also gave some great advice in her videos.



It was a wonderful and inspiring evening. I feel more passionate about spreading the vegan message than before and looking forward to it. Sometimes all one needs is to talk to people to get excited and motivated.

Felicia
xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment