New Years | 2016 | Ghent


It's a New Year. This late post is an indication of how my year started - unexpected. My friend and I were invited to a house party which turned out to be more of a small get together of six people. Even though there was a lack of numbers, there was not a lack of great conversation, snacks and fireworks.

The last evening of 2015 was unexpected but I enjoyed it. I got to hear about different cultures and stories and even saw some Bulgarian folk dancing. We made our way to St. Michael’s bridge where we stood and watched the fireworks. It wasn’t very well planned, but it was beautiful to start the New Year in a crowd of people all gazing up with hope and expectations in their eyes for the New Year.

It was a way different way to start New Year than I’m used to. It made me excited to go into 2016, to me it means that the rest of the year will also be unexpected and full of wonderful surprises with some mild bumps to keep it interesting. If you are reading this, I hope you had a spectacular New Year and that it will continue to be spectacular!










Felicia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment