East Side | Berlin


After a morning at the Sachsenhausen concentration camp I needed some cheering up. I decided that I had to see some graffiti and local spaces before I left. I made my way to the east side of Berlin, where the East Side Gallery is located. Basically it’s a long length of the Berlin wall which is covered in art.





Before heading to the wall I walked over the Oberbaumbrucke (Water Gate) which had some shoes dangling from the ceiling and a lovely view of the canal and the Molecule Man in the distance. Further down the street I found the most interesting store ever. It sold the strangest assortment of clothes, jewellery and art.








The one side of the wall was covered with graffiti of different words, colours and pictures. It was interesting to see the different styles all sharing the same canvas. I walked the entire lengths and decided to give the other side a look when I realised it was covered a bit more artistically. Different paintings were on the entire length of the other side of the wall with some very strange but beautiful art.
















This side of Berlin was definitely worth the visit, especially because it showed another part of Berlin, not the one with history, but the current one. How people lived their everyday lives after all the country has been through. 


Felicia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment