Christmas Day | Ghent

This year was my first Christmas spent with a friend and I’m happy to say it was success. I slept late and started packing my bag when I woke up. I was a bit nervous because I needed to take they bus and wasn’t sure if they were still driving around on Christmas, but luckily a bus soon arrived at the bus stop and I was on my way.


It was so strange to see no people on the streets; everything looked abandoned, like the apocalypse had taken place. There was a peaceful silence n the city which could be seen and felt as I made my way to my friend’s house. When I arrived we started by making and eating some snacks. Then we started preparing our main course. For the vegan main course we decided on vegan steak, string beans, carrots, mushroom, rice, chilli and pumpkin. It was such a nice meal complimented with delicious white wine.

After dinner we decided that we needed to take a walk, so we set of to the Christmas market. I was surprised to see so many people at the Christmas market, but happy because it made the market come alive. We strolled through the stalls, looking at gifts and food. It was wonderful to be out and about with people, just enjoying the atmosphere.




It was definitely a memorable Christmas day and so far my favourite. To be able to spend it with one of my dearest friends was a blessing. We had an amazing time preparing food, singing along to Christmas music, eating, taking photos, laughing and going to the Christmas market. I don’t know where or with whom I’ll be next Christmas, but I’m looking forward to it already!





















Felicia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment