#3 | Cathedral of St. Barbara | Kutna Hora | Czech Republic

After our trip to the Bone Chapel we visited the cathedral of St. Barbara. From the outside it was magnificent, with pointy spires and colour stained windows. From behind the cathedral there was a beautiful view of Kutna Hora and its different buildings.


Inside were different aspects which all came together in an artistic way. There was this beautiful painted wall with strange animals and figures which had very dream like vibes to it. One of my other favourite parts was the ceiling which brought everything together. I wouldn’t say it was unlike any other cathedral I’ve been in - except for the baroque influence - but it was quite something to see.

After some more walking we headed Pivnice Dacicky, a Czech restaurant for a late lunch. We had already ordered what we wanted on the bus, so once we arrived our food was brought out very quickly. If I was still a meat eater I might have gone for the goulash or wild boar. Instead I had potato soup with wild mushrooms which was delicious. It was my first encounter with Czech food and not my last. I also had a light beer which was surprisingly good and I actually managed to finish it and enjoy it at the same time.

We saw a few more places before we headed back to Prague. It was a day well spent and I’m extremely happy I had gone on the tour. I even met someone else from South Africa on the tour. If planning to go to Kutna Hora, I suggest going with a tour. It was a lot more educational than it would have been if I’d gone alone.





  


















Felicia

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment