Portugal Part 1 | Alfagar

I’m still deciding what precisely vacation means to me, so I was quite open to working on vacation. I think for me vacation is being at another destination where I will be exposed to a different scenery and new experiences. There are basically two things that make me feel like I’m on vacation (even at times when I am not) and that is when I’m inspired to write which leads to actually writing.

Thus far I’ve been able to write, which is great. The nature I’ve been surrounded by has played a big apart in it. I don’t know much about Portugal and I still don’t, but it is beautiful in a different way. We stayed at an apartment hotel which was very beautiful and situated next to the beach, with cliffs and a variety of foliage everywhere. The view from our apartment was spectacular and apparently one of the best.

The main reason for the vacation and location (Aparthotel Alfagar) was that my host parents were attending a wedding. I was lucky enough to attend the wedding which was held at a nearby church. From what I saw the towns around the area are very cultural with friendly locals and beautiful buildings.

The most memorable part of our stay was the cliffs on the beach. The cliffs have been exposed to erosion making them unique, oddly shaped and beautiful. They have been so transformed that there were a few minor cavern on the beach. They were magnificent, especially the colours which blended together with the sand. I wish I could have spent more time on the beach, exploring the area, but I at least I got to see most of it.

The weather has also been good. It wasn’t too hot or too cold and some days it was even cloudy and raining. I liked it, but I don’t think everyone feels the same. I’m glad for this vacation in Portugal and I’m looking forward to see and experience more of it.

















Felicia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment