We Animals | Jo-Anne McArthur

I’ve finally gone to a vegan event and I'm very proud of it! Going to a vegan event meant being surrounded by like minded people which was great, because I'm usually not. The event (organised by BeVegan) was a presentation called We Animals: Stories of Love and Liberation, by a writer and photojournalist Jo-Anne McArther, work goes into sharing stories about animals through photographs.

We listened to amazing stories about animals, how some of them suffered and survived. It was eye opening to see what some animals go through and that it's people are behind it. Jo-Anne made the presentation enjoyable, intriguing and added humour when needed. She is such an inspiration and advocate for the animals. If more people were like her the world would definitely be a better place. She is such an inspiring person. I was unfortunately unable to purchase her book, because there wasn't any left, but I'm definitely making a plan to get my hands on it in the near future. Evening was made even better by the table of vegan food and treat such as brownies, cake and wraps. Variety of beverages could be bought from the bar as well. 


After this night of inspiration I knew I was on the right path. I'm passionate about animals and I want to do everything I can to help them. It's not the easiest thing to do, but it's satisfying. I'm happy to be helping and I'm excited for what it means for my future. 














Felicia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment