Portugal Part 2 | Albufeira

Our stay at the hotel was over so we needed to move to another location. We had a couple of hours to spare which we spent in the city centre of Albufeira. I’m very glad for the city trip because it changed my viewpoint on Albufeira and Portugal.

The buildings were more beautiful and history could be seen more clearly. There was a vast amount of tourist shops, restaurants and scenery’s to look at. I was finally more aware of the culture and its people. Red roosters lined the shop walls and beach postcards could be found at every second shop. A market down a wide path had various souvenirs and items to choose from. There was an incense burner at one of the shops which was one of the best items I saw all day. 


We had lunch at a restaurant which overlooked the Praia do Peneco beach. Unfortunately there weren’t a variety of vegetarian/vegan options on the menu to choose from. I could choose between soup, salad and a vegetable lasagna (I took the lasagna). We strolled around the rest of the time though streets with beautiful doors and décor.

I am proud to say that I have finally found a love for Portugal after a few days. It’s unique and beautiful and worth the visit. I’d definitely like to explore more of Portugal. The architecture and beaches are simply magnificent.

















Felicia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment