Privilege

I was planning on posting a post called “my worst day ever”, halfway through I knew I wasn’t going to post it. It was a terrible day for me, but that doesn’t mean I have to share it and the negative vibe I felt and experienced. It also happens that my luck changed, making my positive vibe come back and thrive more vibrantly.

Basically what happened was that I had to travel from Brussels to Lisbon to Faro for a one week vacation. It turned out to be a very bad day with not enough sleep, a major headache, travelling the whole day and then to top it off my luggage didn’t arrive with me at the last airport. I was quite calm about it all, but still worried and displeased. I tried not to start thinking of the different scenarios which could play out. If my luggage didn’t arrive I would have to spend a whole lot of money replacing everything which was in my suitcase, from clothes to electronics. I would most probably also be hard to enjoy the vacation, knowing that have of my belonging I brought from home in South Africa was forever lost.

 Luckily my most expensive and valuable items was in my hand luggage which was probably why I was more relaxed that I should have been. I had to wait for a call which would let me know that my suitcase was found and heading my way. So I waited and waited. The call came through the next morning. It was in that instant that I felt able to breathe more freely. It made me realise how much I take for granted.


I read a note from the hotel that said we should try and safe water. It only added to my thankfulness. Having water come out of a tap is a privilege. We sometimes forget that we should be happy with what we have and appreciate it more. If you are reading this post you should be thankful, because that means you have access to the world, when so many people don’t. There is so much to be grateful for, so focus on what you have and work towards what you want.

Felicia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment