Windmills & Windows | Bruges | Belgum


I made another trip to Bruges. The fairytale town has a place in my heart, its cobble streets and brick buildings are lovely anytime of the year. This time I didn’t go for the buildings but for the windmills – which I didn’t even know existed. A friend told me about them and so we set out to find them.

The centre of Bruges is quite small but the walk to the other side of the city is a bit further. The walk was far but worth it. We saw an entirely different part of Bruges which was equally pleasing and intriguing with different sites along the way. The first windmill popped up and was located on a bit of hilltop. Further on we found the next three all unique and located some way from each other. Some of the windmills had fencing with lace patterns on them which was beautiful.

Our next stop was a small park with sheep. I read about it on a blog, but unfortunately it wasn’t what I was expecting and the sheep didn’t look in their best condition. We also spotted some swans, a bunny and a lot of dogs being walked. The turning road next to the channel was made of beautiful building with even more beautiful doors. The street took us all the way into the city centre where we did some souvenir shopping and found some beautiful lace shops.

I suggest exploring the streets around the city centre as well; there is so much to see.  It is also great to get a break from the stream of tourists in the centre.


























 








Felicia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment