Cape Town | South Africa | 2017


29 December 2017 - Okay, so I might have fallen in love with Cape Town just a bit. I visited when I was a lot younger, so my image was blurry, but being back in the city was eye opening. Some aspects which I wasn’t too fond about, but for the most parts, Cape Town was great!

We started our day at the V&A Waterfront Food Market to buy some food. The market sells something for everybody. There is this amazing stall called Lua, where you can choose between a delicious spring roll or a bowl. The bowls are simply divine, you choose what style you want (rice, noodles or kale), then add protein (I took tofu) and then you choose vegetables and toppings. It’s filling, delicious and can be made vegan. I 100% recommend trying their food. 

After that we started our walk to Cape Town city centre. It was a simple path for the most part, maps and signs showed the way and when we weren’t sure we just followed some tourists. As we approached the centre we came across a market which sold all kinds of items, form clothing to books (yes, I bought books). I would recommend keeping your bag/purse close just for in case. Some parts in the city are quite packed, and tourists stand out like gold. 

One of our main reasons for heading into the city was to meet up with Kathryn. She had introduced Shannon and me to one another when we were all Au Pairs in Belgium.  It was great to catch up, see what has changed and what our plans were for the future. We met up at Truth, one of the best coffee shops in the world. The coffeehouse was steampunk themed, which added to the ambient atmosphere. All the staff dressed in steampunk clothes and the decor was on point (I suggest visiting the restroom, even if it is just to wash your hands). 

Afterwards Shannon and I made our way back to the waterfront. We found a beautiful place to have a mini photo shoot - which was quite fun. Before we ended the day I made sure to try a spring roll at the Lua stall, and I was not disappointed.































Felicia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment