Stellenbosch | South Africa | 2017


In December (2017) I headed to the Cape to look after my family’s apartment for a week. The apartment was loacetd in Stellenbosch, a university town with an uforgetable atmosphere and exquusite beauty. 

Stellenbosch is situated at the foot of the Stellenbosch mountain and surrounded by rolling wine farms as far as one can see, locking in nature and all it has to offer. The rtown itself is known as the second-oldest town in South Africa, with “oak-lined streets and various acrhitecture, the most prominet being Cape Dutch. 

Various shops can be found in the town, as welll as great places to eat or just enjoy a glass of wine.  Different galleries and art shops are in the centre, adding to the ambient atmosphere. 
Vacation time is a great time to visit if you want to avoid all the student activity. 

I walked my famly’s dogs everyday, their route was a bit outside of the town, so I got to see beautiful buildings and more of the univerity’s campus. 

Cape Town is about an hour away from the town, whch also meant I could catch up with my friedn which I hadn’t seen in 470 days. If you’ve read some of my Belgium posts you might have caught a mention or a photo of her. Halfway through my week in Stellenbosch, she joined me and afterwards I visited her in the Cape. I have some posts about my time in Cape Town coming soon, so stay tuned for that. 



















Felicia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment