IKEA | Ghent


I never understood the fuss over IKEA – until today. My cousin – a world traveller - has numerous times talked about this Swedish furniture store and how incredible it is. She would go on to talk about their affordable restaurant, must-have décor and overall greatness of the store. She even once talked about wanting to work in an IKEA (now I understand why). This was more than enough to make me wonder what is so great about a furniture store.

I’ll tell you what’s so great about IKEA - everything!

I started with the twenty minute walk after another Au pair asked if I wanted to join her (of course I said yes). I walked next to the highway to get there, which is already saying a lot about my commitment to visit. I didn’t realise the magnitude and blueness of the building until it manifested before me as I walked closer (crossing deadly roads). I had to wait for my - as of today - new friend, so I started walking through the showroom. A level dedicated to show you how spectacular and perfect the rooms in your house would look with IKEA furniture. The fake rooms were so on point that they actually looked and felt real (except for the people with trolleys blocking my view).

My friend soon joined and we started with the building level where everything was in place - waiting to be bought. The variety of goods are indescribable, as well as the colours and textiles. To make it even worse/better, everything had affordable prices, so I had to stop myself from buying every second item.

After paying for our items we headed to the restaurant part which was more of a cafeteria. We waited in line, picked up some trays and then moved along with the queue and decided what we wanted to eat and drink. There were desserts, salads, soups, cooked meals and a variety of other foods. I took some bread, salad, fries and a coffee which was all very tasty and good – especially for the price.

My cousin was right about everything, IKEA is a wonderland. It’s worth the visit, just make sure you have the money situation under control and that you have a list of what you need. That way you won’t buy unnecessary items, well hopefully not…

P.S. I bought tupperware-like holders for storing food and a pretty cup for my make-up brushes. I’ll probably go back soon though…

Felicia

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment