Vegan Shops | Ghent

On Saturday I decided to head into Ghent in search for some Vegan snacks. It was quite a day. I have a cold so I wasn’t in the best of moods, but felt up for some exploring. The first shop on my list was Vedge, a vegan store with various products located close to a bus stop I climb of frequently.

I think because of my cold, my brain was responding slower and I wasn’t on my highest alert. I realised this when I found Vedge after walking past it numerous times. I was using Google maps and tried to locate myself. I ended up at a market and had to walk back from where I came. At this point the location of the shop was where I was standing. T also happened to be where an entrance headed into a park and across from it was an open door which I had actually taken a photo off when I passed the first time. This time I observed my surroundings and found the Vedge logo on a window – in front of me. At this point I was frustrated with myself and Google maps, but relieved that I had finally found the shop. My advice if you are visiting the store for the first time, make sure you look left and right and look out for the Vedge symbol.









The store was made of two adjoined rooms, it was small but cosy. Fridges held various vegan cheeses, meat-free meat and ice-cream Different snacks and candies were on racks, as well as some books like the Vegan Zombie cookbook and vegan. In the other room were vegan shoes and some Church of Seitan shirts. I bought some cheese, candy and ice-cream. I then headed over to the part across the street and ate the soy ice-cream. After some me-time I head to the bus stop – and took the wrong bus (actually the right bus, but the wrong direction). So I sat on the bus and did some sightseeing. I rode with the bus to its last location and then all the way back. It was interesting to see the other side of town, but it was a bit of torture. Being sick and stuffed into a bus is not a great combination.









By the time I climbed onto the right bus I was quite exhausted, but I was not going home without going to the other shop. It was on my way home, which was a plus point. Bio Shop is dedicated to sell organic products and food. With a wide variety of everything from fresh produce to make-up. I bought some rice crackers, bio cola, chocolates, bread and gummy bears.

It was one of those terribly good days, but I wouldn’t want it over. So far everything I have tasted was good and I’d eat it again. I’ll also be going back t both stores soon. I’d love to go to Bio Shop for some snacks and then a have a picnic across the street in Citadelpark.




Felicia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment