Antique Market | Ghent


I walked into the church with my nose up high, sniffing the dusty old air which was brought on not only by the building itself, but also by the antiques which filled the room. I was glad that my friend and I decided to have a peaceful Sunday, strolling through Ghent and enjoying the weather.

We ended up at one of the churches in the centre which was having an antique market. So basically a part of the church was set with tables full of different object; paintings, art, clothing, maps, postcards, jewellery, ornaments and anything else old. It was so nice to be surrounded by old things, mostly because it reminded me of home. Our house back in South Africa is more of a museum than a house, with different antiques filling up the empty spaces.

Antique things make me feel closer to history. I love looking at an object and wondering where it came from and where it will end up. If you’ve never been to an antique shop or market I recommend going. You might end up feeling nostalgic and walk away with something beautiful.





















Felicia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment