Hallows' Eve | Ghent

After our time at the Halloween market my friend and I headed into the centre of Ghent without any costumes. We had decided to wait till the last minute and by then we had so many option we couldn’t decide what to go with. I ended up wearing a black halo and she had spray paint in her hair. Other than that we were dressed in black and ready for the night.

We planned on meeting another Au pair then going to watch Crimson Peak and then Starbucks, nothing special just a girl’s night. Unfortunately our plans took a turn when the other Au pair was waiting at the wrong place. We ended up missing the movie so decided to go to Starbucks first, only to find it closed. Yes, closed. So after some walking we found a cosy pub located next to a canal called De Zwarte Zee.

We ordered some lovely pink Blegium beer (Kriek) and talked the time away. It was such a nice moment, sitting with our Belgium beers, blankets and snacks while people around us talked. The moment made me feel like a local (even thought we didn’t look or sound like locals) and it made me so content. Moments like that should be bottled up and placed onto a shelf to be observed. I don’t think there is a better way to connect with a place than to be surrounded by the locals and to be doing what they do. It gives one a sense of the place and the kind of people which occupy it.

Our next stop was the cinema where we finally watched Crimson Peak. In all honesty I was expecting more and it felt like a movie I’ve seen before, but the cinematography and acting was beautiful. I would watch it again and probably enjoy it more the next time I watch it. The m inspired me so much that I still want to grab my notebook when I think of it.

I’m happy about how Halloween turned out, it was nothing fancy, but it was memorable. I can’t wait to see what next year has in store.    









Felicia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment