Halloween Market | Sint-Denijs-Westrem

Autumn is such a great time of the year, the leaves turn into warm colours, the weather gets comfy, pumpkins can be bought and Halloween takes place. I've only celebrated Halloween once before and that was when I was Au Pairing in the Netherland’s. I went to the cinema with friends and watched horror movies throughout the entire night. This year a friend and I also went to watch a movie, but during the day we went to a local Halloween Market which was situated near where I live. 


The market took place at the Borluut Castle, which I didn’t even know existed before Saturday. Basically locals were selling random items, food, drinks, candy and various other things. I bought a beautiful cupcake which I didn’t want to eat because of the perfection, but I ended up eating anyway. There was also entertainment for children and a show later the night (which we didn’t attend).

We strolled across the terrain appreciating the Halloween decor such as hanging ghosts, a fake graveyard and pumpkins. Not only were the decorations on point, but the nature surrounding the terrain completed the whole Halloween atmosphere.

Even though we didn’t spend a much time at the market, we ended up enjoying it a lot. It was great to see people celebrate Halloween and come together for the festivity. It was even greater to see some of them dressed up. 






















Felicia
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment