Cologne Daytrip | Germany


November has been a very busy month and has gone by so fast. I ended my November with a daytrip to Cologne in Germany. I’ve never been to Germany so it was another tick off my bucket list. To be honest the trip was not at all what I expected and it turned out to be more fun than I thought it would be.

So my day started with getting up at 6am and getting dressed to catch a bus to another bus. Luckily two other Au pair friends went with so I wasn’t alone. It was a 3 and a half hour ride and instead of sleeping, we talked the entire time (well two of us). The first sight was the Dom, a huge cathedral in the city centre. Usually the city centres are very old; this wasn’t the case in Cologne. There were still some old buildings, but not as many as other places. This was due to the World War II bombings which destroyed most of the buildings. This didn’t stop the city from having character and beautiful sights. We joined a guided tour which helped us see more of the city and learn more about the history.

Being in Cologne felt a lot like being in Belgium, except for the language difference. It was nice to see a different part of Europe and I’m definitely visiting Germany again soon! 



















Felicia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment