Christmas Vibes | Bruges


One of the many other reasons I decided to visit Bruges was the Christmas market. Nothing makes the festive feelings come alive like Christmas market. I’m not sure how many Christmas market were in Bruges, but I visited two of them. They were quite small, but still cosy.

An ice rink was set up in one of the squares with sparkling lights and surrounded by market stalls. The other had carnival games in the centre. As usual the main products and food were the same as the Christmas market in Cologne with only more Dutch specialities like waffles. Of course I couldn’t let the opportunity to drink gluhwein pass. It seriously makes these markets so much better, plus it helps keep warm in the cold.

The Christmas markets weren’t the only signs that the festive season has started. A lot of the shops and buildings had Christmas decorations and lights spread inside and out. There were even a few stores which sold only Christmas decorations. If I had a Christmas tree there would have been no stopping me.


If you want to feel more connected to the place and people I suggest having a beer at a local bar which is situated out of the centre. So if you happen to visit Bruges during the Christmas time, make sure to stroll through the markets, drink gluhwein and eat some chocolates.




























Felicia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment