Tutankhamun Exhibit | Johannesburg

In the beginning of the year, 13 January to be precise, my dad and I visited the Tutankhamun exhibition which was in South Africa at the time (just like me). I never posted a blog post or photos of the exhibition, so I thought I'd share before the year comes to an end. 


Tutankhamum, also known as King Tut was an Egyptian Pharaoh of the 18th dynasty. Back in 1922 Howard Carter and George Herbert found the tomb of King Tut, where his body and treasures were still intact.

At the exhibit we received an audio guide which filled us in on all the fine details of how the tomb - treasure and mummy of Tutankhamun – was found. The exhibit consisted of replicas of the real artefacts, which is obvious, seeing as it would be unwise to transport so many gold and valuables across the world – especially to South Africa. I have never seen so many gold covered objects under one roof before. It was truthfully breathtaking and very realistic. It was easy to get a feel of how luxurious and huge treasures back then was. Every object looked authentic and real and if I was allowed to touch I probably would - and wouldn't have stopped.


Overall the exhibition was really worth it and I recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity to attend. It is truly beautiful and gives a sense of Egyptian history. I cannot wait to one day explore Egypt and see the real treasures.
























Felicia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment