Pieces Of | Bruges

Bruges has always been on my list of places I have to visit. Seeing as I live close by I took the train to explore the magical town of Bruges. It is well known for its characteristic buildings, culture and sceneries. There is also a movie, In Bruges which is set in the town and is worth the watch.


At first I wanted to buy a map but decided against it and I didn’t regret it later on. Everything is walking distance and no matter which way I walked, I always ended up at some attraction. What also worked was following the crowd of people because they had maps.

The most prominent features in Bruges – except the Christmas decorations – were tourists, buildings, beer and chocolate. When my host dad told me there is always a huge amount of tourist I didn’t think much of it, but once I arrived I understood. There were so many tourists (me being one of them) that it clouded some of the towns beauty. At times there were so many people around me that I forgot where I was. I even walked away from the city centre just to get away from all the people and ended up seeing some other interesting parts o Bruges. I honestly don’t know how the locals tolerate having their street full of people most of the time. They probably are so use to it they don’t even realise and the tourists do bring in money. I’d just like to see it without the constant walk of feet.

The variety of beer had me shocked. Seriously, if you like tasting beer you should definitely make a plan to visit this town. Of course the chocolate couldn’t be missed. There were so many shops selling chocolates, each with their own uniqueness. If I was more of a chocolate lover I would have had trouble passing by all the chocolate shops.  


It is a beautiful town to visit and I highly recommend it. Just maybe try to go in the week for personal space purposes. I’m definitely going back in the future for more exploring and maybe some chocolate.






































Felicia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment