Museum Night 2015 | Ghent


On my list of things I love to do, visiting museums is next to reading and photography. It’s high on my list for so many reasons, the top two being art and history. I was exposed to the magic of museums from a young age which I’m very grateful for.

What makes museums even more appealing is when the entrance is free. Last night Ghent had a museum night which means that all the museums were open till 1 a.m. and entrance was free. It attracted a lot of interest and the streets were packed with people walking to the next museum. This was the perfect event for me, seeing as I haven’t visited a museum since I’ve arrived in Belgium. Ghent has a total of 9 museums, 3 of which a friend and I visited last night.


The Museum of Fine Arts (MSK – Museum van Schone Kunsten) was first on the list. It had a great variety of art from all ages in history. Not only was the art beautiful and captivating, but so was the interior of the building. It was a bit confusing because there were so many rooms, but that also made it interesting because  never knew what I was going to see in the next room. It is also quite big and might take up to 2-3 hours is you want to observe the art more closely. 

















The Museum of Contemporary art (S.M.A.K. – Stedelijk Museum voor Actuele Kunst) was the next museum we visited and happened to be across from the museum of fine arts. It featured interesting art in different mediums and sizes. The building was very modern – just like the art. Due to the large amount of people in the museum we weren’t able to see everything, so I’ll be sure to go again in the future.













The Nature museum for Children (De Wereld van Kina) was our last and most fascinating visit. The museum is dedicated to educate children about nature and everything which goes along with it from animals to the human body. Because the main audience is children, the museum was very playful in a way and fun to visit. I recommend this museum to people of all ages, especially if they want to broaden their knowledge.



















Felicia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment