Felicien Rops | Belgium | 2016



16 August 2016 - As soon as we decided to visit Namur I did some research to find out about the must see places, the Felicien Rops museum was one of the first to popup. I’ve never heard of the artist, but a quick Google search showed me the compelling in a slightly disturbing art. 

Upon arriving at the museum I knew Felicien Rops was going to become one of my favourite artists, his painting of naked people and strange gatherings were different from all the other famous names. I should also mention that the art is not for everyone due to some explicit elements. 

There was also another art exhibition (I'm still searching for his name). The guest artists worked mostly in white and blue, and his abstract and modern artworks were fascinating. I could imagine myself delving into the art for hours, trying to see all the different angles and elements. Unfortunately we didn’t have hours, so we had to take it in with some hast.

Definitely go visit the museum if you want to see another side of art.





















xoxo
Felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment