Maastricht | The Netherlands | 2016


15 August 2016 - I travelled to another country just to visit a bookshop. Yes, I’m that dedicated to my love for books. My friend and I set out on a train, with an hour’s wait in a French town in Belgiun, and then further on to Maastricht, a city in the Netherlands. 

After getting lost we finally found our way across the bridge. We ended up at an Asian market where we bought various snacks. From there we had lunch (an Albert Heijn salad) in the city square. Then after gaining back our energy we headed to the church, but not any church, this church was renovated into a bookshop.

Upon entering there are levels of books to the right, throwing a modern aspect into a classical one and the end result is a very pleasing aesthetic atmosphere. Like any decent bookshop, this one was stocked with any book you could possibly want and more. A cafe was situated at the end of the church, with a lovely view over the interior. Combining books and old buildings is definitely something I would love to see more of. 

This bookshop is a must for any reader!

























xoxo
Felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment